Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort, Austin/Bastrop
Follow us on
Check out the Photos from TTC2014 on
2015 Travel & Tourism College will be held June 22-26, 2015 - More details soon!
About Travel & Tourism College (TTC)
Travel & Tourism professionals from across the West and Southwest U.S. convene for one week each summer for an intensive curriculum of travel & tourism marketing, management, and leadership courses. This is designed as a 3-year Certification program, with returning students taking 2nd and 3rd year classes in consecutive years.
Travel & Tourism College instructors are university professors and industry CEOs who bring a wealth of knowledge and expertise to the classroom. The schedule is packed from start to finish with classes, discussion groups and networking events.
Upon successful completion of the 3-year program and a capstone project, graduates will receive the designation of "CERTIFIED TOURISM EXECUTIVE" (CTE).
TTC Participation Eligible for Credits With Other Organizations
Attendance at Travel & Tourism College is eligible for the following:
Important Information For 2014 TTC Students & Alumni! 2014 Class Schedules - UPDATED!
See below for the list of 2014 Instructors
Venue Change for Travel & Tourism College 2014-2015
In June 2014 & 2015, Travel & Tourism College will be held at the Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort located between Austin and Bastrop, Texas. The location is easily accessible from the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport. To aid our students in their travel costs, rooms at the Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort will be available for shared accommodations and the resort fee will be waived for all Travel & Tourism College attendees.Questions? Contact us with any questions or special requests at 512-328-8842 or email Jennifer Roush at email@example.com.
Why should You attend Travel & Tourism College? Here's what some of our students and their employers have to say:
Full tuition rate includes course materials and most meals. Hotel rates are not included in tuition. Meals included in the registration fee are: Monday - lunch & dinner; Tuesday - breakfast & lunch; Wednesday - breakfast; Thursday - breakfast, lunch & dinner; Friday - breakfast "We saw an immediate return on our investment from the educational information presented on managing social media. As a result, our marketing has been taken to an entirely new level.”- Paul Schultz, Vice President of Hospitality, Landry’s Hotel Division
"If there is only one educational opportunity that you can attend, I would definitely make it the Travel & Tourism College.” - Edith Fischer, Tourism Director, Brazosport Convention & Visitors Council
"As a small business owner in the Hospitality Industry, attending the Travel & Tourism College was an investment in my business. The question for me wasn't 'can I afford to attend', but rather 'how can I afford not to'.” - Kristi Collier, Welcome Home, Rio Grande Valley
"I was admittedly skeptical of justifying a week-long course and its ability to hold my attention. However, Travel & Tourism College exceeded all expectations. I came back to the office with items I implemented immediately, as well as many other projects and programs that are now within our short and long-term plans. The value of the information learned far outweighs the cost of the program.” -Cristy Morrison, Executive Director, Stillwater Oklahoma Convention & Visitors Bureau
Who should attend?
Any person involved in travel, tourism, hospitality, recreation or a related field who wants to improve their job performance and their potential for career advancement. Whether you have been in the job for a week or several years, our Travel & Tourism College is a great way to begin or strengthen your knowledge of sales, marketing, communications, management and related subjects.
Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort & Spa - 2015 information coming soon
575 Hyatt Lost Pines Road
Lost Pines, Texas, 78612
Tuition Rates - 2014 (subject to change for 2015)
Early bird rate valid through Friday, April 25, 2014
- $775 - Early Bird rate
- $875 - Early Bird rate - Non-member
- $875 - Regular rate
- $975 - Regular rate - Non-member
Alumni RateNote: Non-member rates may apply or may be waived if attendee belongs to a cooperating association. For more information, contact Jennifer Roush at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellation Policy - Full refund until 5:00pm on May 22, 2015. 50% refund until 5:00pm on June 8, 2015. No refunds after 5:00pm on June 8, 2015. This cancellation policy helps us ensure the most accurate counts possible for the event. For questions about this policy, please contact the TTIA office at 512-328-8842.
Alumni Program: Offered to those TTC students who have completed three years of course work, their capstone project, and have received their CTE. The Alumni Program includes special courses specific to Alumni all day Thursday, June 25, 2015, as well as the Thursday evening dinner event. Alumni are also encouraged to audit any of the courses offered on Friday for the Freshman, Sophomore or Senior TTC classes. More information on this year's Alumni Program will be coming soon.
The Alumni Program is $150.
TTC Instructors in 2014
- Steve Aibel, Assistant Curator in the Animal Training Department, SeaWorld San Antonio
- Patricia Alvey, Ph.D., Director of Assessment and Accreditation, Southern Methodist
- Roger Brooks, CEO, Destination Development International, Inc.
- Katie Cook, Interactive Marketing Manager, Austin Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Carl Cox, Sr.
Director of Online Production, Madden Media
- Steve Dewire, General
Manager, Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort
- David Fried, author,
editor, and filmmaker
- Chet F Garner, President, Hogaboom Road, Inc.
- T. Scott Gross, Author, Performance Management Consultant, and Professional Speaker
- Dr. Roger D. Hanagriff, Professor in the Department of Agricultural Leadership, Education and Communications, Texas A&M University-College Station
- Tara Humphreys, Interpreter, Texas Parks & Wildlife Park
- Bob McCullough, APR, Director of Communications, Morgan’s Wonderland
- Kim Phillips, Vice President/Director, Denton Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Dr. Chay Runnels, Assistant Professor of Human Sciences Hospitality Administration, Stephen F. Austin State University
- BennettSandlin, Executive Director, Texas Municipal League
- Jenifer Sarver, Chief of Staff to Worldwide Vice Chair Karen
Hughes and Director, Public Affairs, Burson-Marsteller, Austin
- Sheila Scarborough, Co-Founder, Tourism Currents
- Dave Serino, Founder & Strategist, TwoSix Digital
- Vicky Soderberg, Cygnet Strategies, LLC
- Greg Staley, Vice President, Communications, U.S. Travel Association
- Fran Stephenson, Principal, Step-In Communication
- Elizabeth Taylor, Director, Waco & The Heart of Texas
- Joe Veneto, Founder and Principal, Opportunities Unlimited
- Kendra Wright, Founder, Wright Strategies & President, Saffire Events
- Melissa Yao Hille, Visit Savannah
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS