Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort, Austin/Bastrop
June 27 - July 1, 2016
Follow us on
Registration Is Now Closed
Alumni Program, Click Here (Alumni have their CTE)
About Travel & Tourism College (TTC)
Travel & Tourism professionals from across the West and Southwest U.S. convene for one week each summer for an intensive curriculum of travel & tourism marketing, management, and leadership courses. This is designed as a 3-year Certification program, with returning students taking 2nd and 3rd year classes.
Travel & Tourism College instructors are university professors and industry CEOs who bring a wealth of knowledge and expertise to the classroom. The schedule is packed from start to finish with classes, discussion groups and networking events.
Upon successful completion of the 3-year program and a capstone project, graduates will receive the designation of "CERTIFIED TOURISM EXECUTIVE" (CTE).
TTC Participation Eligible for Credits With Other Organizations
Attendance at Travel & Tourism College is eligible for the following:
Full tuition rate includes course materials and most meals. Hotel rates are not included in tuition. Meals included in the registration fee are: Monday - lunch & dinner; Tuesday - breakfast & lunch; Wednesday - breakfast; Thursday - breakfast, lunch & dinner; Friday - breakfast
Cancellation Policy - Full refund until 5:00pm on May 22, 2015. 50% refund until 5:00pm on June 8, 2015. No refunds after 5:00pm on June 8, 2015. This cancellation policy helps us ensure the most accurate counts possible for the event. For questions about this policy, please contact the TTIA office at 512-328-8842.
Early bird rate valid through Friday, April 22, 2016
- $795 - Early Bird rate - Member
- $895 - Early Bird rate - Non-member
- $895 - Regular rate - Member
- $995 - Regular rate - Non-member
Important Information For TTC Students & Alumni!
2016 Class Schedules - As of 6/21/16 - subject to change
Why should You attend Travel & Tourism College? Here's what some of our students and their employers have to say:
"TTIA's Travel & Tourism College is a great place to learn some of the newest trends in marketing with professors who have firsthand knowledge in their respective areas. Beyond the learning you also have the opportunity to network with many of your colleagues from around the state. You will be able to continue to talk about best practices and opportunities with these new friends beyond Travel College. There is no better place to learn the newest trends and network with our colleagues then at TTIA's Travel & Tourism College." - Craig Hardin, Senior Account Executive, SeaWorld San Antonio
"We saw an immediate return on our investment from the educational information presented on managing social media. As a result, our marketing has been taken to an entirely new level.”- Paul Schultz, Vice President of Hospitality, Landry’s Hotel Division
"If there is only one educational opportunity that you can attend, I would definitely make it the Travel & Tourism College.” - Edith Fischer, Tourism Director, Brazosport Convention & Visitors Council
"As a small business owner in the Hospitality Industry, attending the Travel & Tourism College was an investment in my business. The question for me wasn't 'can I afford to attend', but rather 'how can I afford not to'.” - Kristi Collier, Welcome Home, Rio Grande Valley
"I was admittedly skeptical of justifying a week-long course and its ability to hold my attention. However, Travel & Tourism College exceeded all expectations. I came back to the office with items I implemented immediately, as well as many other projects and programs that are now within our short and long-term plans. The value of the information learned far outweighs the cost of the program.” -Cristy Morrison, Executive Director, Stillwater Oklahoma Convention & Visitors Bureau
Who should attend?
Any person involved in travel, tourism, hospitality, recreation or a related field who wants to improve their job performance and their potential for career advancement. Whether you have been in the job for a week or several years, our Travel & Tourism College is a great way to begin or strengthen your knowledge of sales, marketing, communications, management and related subjects.
Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort & Spa
575 Hyatt Lost Pines Road
Lost Pines, Texas, 78612
TTIA Rate: $109/night (single/double), resort fee waived – available for Travel & Tourism College registered attendees only (Note: each student is allowed one room at this rate) Deadline to make reservations: June 8, 2016
Click here to make your reservation online.
The Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort is located between Austin and Bastrop, Texas and is easily accessible from the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport.
Confirmed TTC Instructors for 2016 Include
- Steve Aibel, Assistant Curator in the Animal Training Department, SeaWorld San Antonio
- Steve Atkins, President, The Atkins Group
- Gathan D. Borden, CHDM, VP of Marketing, VisitLex
- Scott Carley, Keynote and certified Vistage Speaker and Executive Business Coach
- Marjorie Clifton, Principal, Clifton Consulting LLC
- Darren Dunn, Director, Destination Marketing, Adara
- Jorge Franz, Senior Vice President of Tourism, Houston First/Greater Houston Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Nate Gieryn, Research Manager, Office of the Governor, Economic Development and Tourism
- T. Scott Gross, Author, Performance Management Consultant, and Professional Speaker
- Roger Hanagriff, PhD, Professor, Texas A&M-Dept of Rec., Park & Tourism Sciences
- Kendra Kinnison, General Manager, Port Royal Ocean Resort
- Alyssa Kitten, Communications & Digital Manager, Visit Lubbock, Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Sunday Leek, Travel Advertising Director, Texas Monthly
- Ernie Loeffler, President & CEO, Fredericksburg Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Bob Phillips, President/CEO, Phillips MediaSource and Texas Country Tours
- Kelli Philips, Phillips MediaSource and Co-Host of Texas Country Tours
- Kim Phillips, Vice President/Director, Denton Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Jenifer Sarver, Principal, Sarver Strategies
- Sheila Scarborough, Writer, Speaker and Trainer Specializing in Tourism, Travel and Social Media
- Vicky Soderberg, Cygnet Strategies, LLC
- Fran Stephenson, Principal, Step-In Communication
- Ryan Thompson, Partner & VP, Growth, The Atkins Group
- Howard Tietjen, Senior Vice
President of Research and Strategy, Madden Media
- Joe Veneto, Founder and Principal, Opportunities Unlimited
- Kendra Wright, Founder, Wright Strategies & President, Saffire
Dates Confirmed for 2017 and 2018:
June 26 - June 30, 2017
June 25 - June 29, 2018
We Thank Our Sponsors