Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort, Austin/Bastrop
June 25 - June 29, 2018
Follow us on #ttia18
>>Click on the link above to register<<
About Travel & Tourism College (TTC)
Travel and tourism professionals from across the West and Southwest U.S. convene for one week each summer for an intensive curriculum of travel & tourism marketing, management, and leadership courses. This is designed as a 3-year certification program, with returning students taking 2nd and 3rd year classes.
Travel & Tourism College instructors are university professors and industry CEOs who bring a wealth of knowledge and expertise to the classroom. The schedule is packed from start to finish with classes, discussion groups and networking events.
Upon successful completion of the 3-year program and a capstone project, graduates will receive the designation of "CERTIFIED TOURISM EXECUTIVE" (CTE).
Why should You attend Travel & Tourism College? Here's what some of our students and their employers have to say:
"TTIA's Travel & Tourism College is a great place to learn some of the newest trends in marketing with professors who have firsthand knowledge in their respective areas. Beyond the learning you also have the opportunity to network with many of your colleagues from around the state. You will be able to continue to talk about best practices and opportunities with these new friends beyond Travel College. There is no better place to learn the newest trends and network with our colleagues then at TTIA's Travel & Tourism College." - Craig Hardin, Senior Account Executive, SeaWorld San Antonio
"We saw an immediate return on our investment from the educational information presented on managing social media. As a result, our marketing has been taken to an entirely new level.”- Paul Schultz, Vice President of Hospitality, Landry’s Hotel Division
"If there is only one educational opportunity that you can attend, I would definitely make it the Travel & Tourism College.”- Edith Fischer, Tourism Director, Brazosport Convention & Visitors Council
"As a small business owner in the Hospitality Industry, attending the Travel & Tourism College was an investment in my business. The question for me wasn't 'can I afford to attend', but rather 'how can I afford not to'.” - Kristi Collier, Welcome Home, Rio Grande Valley
"I was admittedly skeptical of justifying a week-long course and its ability to hold my attention. However, Travel & Tourism College exceeded all expectations. I came back to the office with items I implemented immediately, as well as many other projects and programs that are now within our short and long-term plans. The value of the information learned far outweighs the cost of the program.” -Cristy Morrison, Executive Director, Stillwater Oklahoma Convention & Visitors Bureau
Who should attend?
Any person involved in travel, tourism, hospitality, recreation or a related field who wants to improve their job performance and their potential for career advancement. Whether you have been in the job for a week or several years, our Travel & Tourism College is a great way to begin or strengthen your knowledge of sales, marketing, communications, management and related subjects.
Full tuition rate includes course materials and most meals. Hotel rates are not included in tuition. Meals included in the registration fee are: Monday - lunch & dinner; Tuesday - breakfast & lunch; Wednesday - breakfast; Thursday - breakfast, lunch & dinner; Friday - breakfast
- $825 - Regular rate - Member
- $925 - Regular rate - Non-member
Alumni Rate - $195/person - Space is limited!
The Alumni Program will be held on Thursday, June 28 from 8:30am - 5:00pm (breakfast, lunch, and dinner included). Schedule of classes to follow soon. The Evaluation Committee must approve all capstone projects before students can attend as an Alumni.
Cancellation Policy - Full refund until 5 p.m. on May 25, 2018. No refunds after 5 p.m. on May 25, 2018. This cancellation policy helps us ensure the most accurate counts possible for the event. For questions about this policy, please contact the TTIA office at 512-328-8842.
Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort & Spa
575 Hyatt Lost Pines Road
Lost Pines, Texas 78612
TTIA Rate: $129/night (single) and $149/night (double) (this does not include tax), resort fee waived – available for Travel & Tourism College registered attendees only (Note: each student is allowed one room at this rate). Cut-off is June 1, 2018 (unless block is sold out prior to this date).
If you need a hotel room, please contact Jennifer Roush at email@example.com.
Find out more about Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort & Spa
The Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort is located between Austin and Bastrop, Texas and is easily accessible from the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport.
TTC Participation Eligible for Credits With Other Organizations
Attendance at Travel & Tourism College is eligible for the following:
Future Dates Confirmed:
2018 Travel & Tourism College Information
2018 Class Schedules
2018 TTC Instructors
- Steve Atkins, President, The Atkins Group
- Neville Bhada, Founder & CEO, Tourism Skills Group
- Jennifer Broome, Television Host, Meteorologist, & Reporter; Travel Writer, Blogger, & Photographer; and Travel, Adventure, & Weather Expert
- Jessica Bybee-Dziedzic, Director of Partnerships, Saffire
- Scott Carley, Keynote and certified Vistage Speaker and Executive Business Coach
- Matt Clement, Director of Marketing, Arrivalist
- Jason Dees, Senior I Animal Trainer, SeaWorld San Antonio
- Rob Elsey, PhD., BCC, a Consulting Psychologist
- Ernie Loeffler, President/CEO, Fredericksburg Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Bob Phillips, President & CEO, Improving Your Success
- Davis Phillips, President and GM, Phillips Entertainment, Inc.
- Kim Phillips, Vice President/Director, Denton Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Holly Russell, CTE, Regional Sales Manager, Digital & Emerging Markets, AJR Media Group
- Jenifer Sarver, Principal, Sarver Strategies
- Sheila Scarborough, Co-Founder, Tourism Currents
- Vicky Soderberg, Cygnet Strategies, LLC
- Fran Stephenson, Principal, Step-In Communication
- Ryan Thompson, Serial Entrepreneur and CEO of Odyssey, Acclaimed Author, National Speaker, Strategist & Futurist
- Joe Veneto, Founder and Principal, Opportunities Unlimited
- Daryl Whitworth, CTE, Regional Account Manager, Madden Media
June 23 - June 28, 2019
June 21 - June 26, 2020
*Both years will be held at the Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort.
For sponsorship opportunities, contact Dan Decker, Chief Operating Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org, 512-328-8842.
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS!