CTE Re-Certification Program
Phone: 512-328-8842 x105
Online registration is available until: 12/31/2019
THE CERTIFIED TOURISM EXECUTIVE (CTE)
TTIA has developed a re-certification program to ensure the longevity, integrity, and value of receiving the Certified Tourism Executive (CTE) certification. The Re-Certification Program ensures that Certified Tourism Executives continue to remain at the forefront of industry trends and have the highest standard of industry education.
Alumni are eligible to enroll in the Re-Certification Program a full year (1) after receiving the CTE designation. In order to keep your CTE certification current, Alumni must enroll in the Re-Certification Program and pay a re-certification fee of $95 every three (3) years. Once enrolled, Alumni may begin completing the required 40 hours of continuing education. The 40 hours can be divided up over the three years, or completed all in one year - it's up to you. The re-certification guidelines for obtaining continuing education are as follows:
- 25 hours must be completed (over the three year re-certification program) by attending TTIA-specific programs, such as:
- Travel & Tourism College Alumni Program (June) - 6 credit hours
- Texas Travel Summit (September/October) - 8 credit hours
- Webinars (several 1-hour webinars held throughout each year) - 1 credit hour per webinar
- 12 hours may be completed (over the three year re-certification program) by attending other Industry-related programs, such as:
- TACVB Annual Conference (August) - maximum of 6 credit hours
- DMAI Annual Conference (July/August) - maximum of 8 credit hours
- TFEA Annual Conference (July) - maximum of 6 credit hours
- U.S. Travel Association ESTO (August) - maximum of 8 credit hours
- IAAPA (November) - maximum of 6 credit hours
- TML Annual Conference (October) - maximum of 4 credit hours
- Other conferences may be considered upon approval by TTIA
- 3 hours may be completed by speaking at an Industry-related conference
All education must include attendance documentation and course descriptions. Upon completion of 40 hours of continuing education, TTIA will send a confirmation of the CTE Re-Certification and a new CTE certificate.
For questions about the Re-Certification Program, please contact Jennifer Roush, Sr. Director of Operations and Events: firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-328-8842 x105.
« Go to Upcoming Event List