Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort, Austin/Bastrop
June 24 - June 28, 2019
Follow us on #ttia19
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
1st Year Class Schedule (Class of 2021)
2nd Year Class Schedule (Class of 2020)
3rd Year Class Schedule (Class of 2019)
Alumni Class Schedule
About Travel & Tourism College (TTC)
Travel and Tourism professionals from across the West and Southwest U.S. convene for one week each summer for an intensive, industry-leading curriculum of travel & tourism marketing, management, and leadership courses. This is designed as a 3-year certification program, with returning students taking 2nd and 3rd year classes.
Travel & Tourism College instructors are university professors and industry CEOs who bring a wealth of knowledge and expertise to the classroom. The schedule is packed from start to finish with classes, discussion groups and networking events.
Upon successful completion of the 3-year program and a capstone project, graduates will receive the designation of CERTIFIED TOURISM EXECUTIVE (CTE).
Why Should You Attend Travel & Tourism College?
Here's What Some of Our Students and Their Employers Have to Say:
"TTIA's Travel & Tourism College is a great place to learn some of the newest trends in marketing with professors who have firsthand knowledge in their respective areas. Beyond the learning you also have the opportunity to network with many of your colleagues from around the state. You will be able to continue to talk about best practices and opportunities with these new friends beyond Travel College. There is no better place to learn the newest trends and network with our colleagues then at TTIA's Travel & Tourism College." - Craig Hardin, Senior Account Executive, SeaWorld San Antonio
"We saw an immediate return on our investment from the educational information presented on managing social media. As a result, our marketing has been taken to an entirely new level.”- Paul Schultz, Vice President of Hospitality, Landry’s Hotel Division
"If there is only one educational opportunity that you can attend, I would definitely make it the Travel & Tourism College.”- Edith Fischer, Tourism Director, Brazosport Convention & Visitors Council
"As a small business owner in the Hospitality Industry, attending the Travel & Tourism College was an investment in my business. The question for me wasn't 'can I afford to attend', but rather 'how can I afford not to'.” - Kristi Collier, Welcome Home, Rio Grande Valley
"I was admittedly skeptical of justifying a week-long course and its ability to hold my attention. However, Travel & Tourism College exceeded all expectations. I came back to the office with items I implemented immediately, as well as many other projects and programs that are now within our short and long-term plans. The value of the information learned far outweighs the cost of the program.” -Cristy Morrison, Executive Director, Stillwater Oklahoma Convention & Visitors Bureau
Who Should Attend?
Any person involved in travel, tourism, hospitality, recreation or a related field who wants to improve their job performance and their potential for career advancement. Whether you have been in the job for a week or several years, our Travel & Tourism College is a great way to begin or strengthen your knowledge of sales, marketing, communications, management and related subjects.
Full tuition rate includes course materials and most meals. Hotel rates are not included in tuition. Meals included in the registration fee are: Monday - lunch & dinner; Tuesday - breakfast & lunch; Wednesday - breakfast; Thursday - breakfast, lunch & dinner; Friday - breakfast.
Early Bird Rates:
$850 - Early bird Member Rate
$950 - Early bird Non-member Rate
*Early bird rates end at 5pm on April 26, 2019.
*Partial scholarships are available and winners will be selected on April 30th. To apply, Click Here
- $950 - Regular Member Rate
- $1,050 - Regular Non-Member Rate
- $195 - Alumni Rate- Space is limited!
The Alumni Program will be held on Thursday, June 27 from 8:30am - 5:00pm (breakfast, lunch, and dinner included). Schedule of classes to follow soon. The Evaluation Committee must approve all capstone projects before students can attend as an Alumni.
Cancellation Policy - Full refund until 5 p.m. on May 24, 2019. No refunds after 5 p.m. on May 24 2019. This cancellation policy helps us ensure the most accurate counts possible for the event. For questions about this policy, please contact the TTIA office at 512-328-8842.
Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort & Spa - BLOCK IS CLOSED
575 Hyatt Lost Pines Road
Lost Pines, Texas 78612
TTIA Rate: $169/night (single/double - this does not include tax), resort fee waived – available for Travel & Tourism College registered attendees only (Note: each student is allowed one room at this rate). Cut-off is May 31, 2019 (unless block is sold out prior to this date).
To book your room, please go to: HOTEL
The Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort is located between Austin and Bastrop, Texas and is easily accessible from the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport.
TTC Participation Eligible for Credits With Other Organizations
Attendance at Travel & Tourism College is eligible for the following credits:
Future Dates Confirmed
2019 Confirmed TTC Instructors
- Keith E. Arnold, Principal, Destination Momentum Dynamics
- Steve Atkins, President, The Atkins Group
- Neville Bhada, Founder & CEO, Tourism Skills Group
- Jessica Bybee-Dziedzic, Director of Partnerships, Saffire
- Scott Carley, Keynote and certified Vistage Speaker and Executive Business Coach
- Matt Clement, Director of Marketing, Arrivalist
- Amy Desotell-Buckingham, SeaWorld San Antonio
- Monica Faulkenbery, APR, Assistant Director of Communications for the Northside Independent School District in San Antonio
- Jorge Franz, Senior Vice President of Tourism, Visit Houston
- Chet Garner, Creator, Host, and Executive Producer of The Daytripper
- Nate Gieryn, Tourism Research Manager, Travel Texas
- Bob Phillips, President and CEO, Improving Your Success
- Davis Phillips, President and GM, Phillips Entertainment, Inc.
- Kim Phillips, Vice President/Director, Denton Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Peter Ross, Co-Founder, 829 Studios
- Holly Russell, CTE, Regional Sales Manager, Digital & Emerging Markets, AJR Media Group
- Jenifer Sarver, Principal, Sarver Strategies
- Sheila Scarborough, Co-Founder, Tourism Currents
- Vicky Soderberg, Cygnet Strategies, LLC
- Fran Stephenson, Principal, Step-In Communication
- Dr. Peter Tarlow, Founder, Tourism & More
- Ryan Thompson, Senior Vice President, Miles Partnership/Odyssey
- Joe Veneto, Chief Experience Officer, Veneto Collaboratory
- Daryl Whitworth, CTE, Regional Account Manager, Madden Media
2019 Class Schedules
June 22 - June 26, 2020
*Held at the Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort
For Sponsorship Opportunities
Contact Jennifer Roush, Senior Director of Operations & Events: JenniferR@ttia.org, 512-328-8842
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS!