Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort, Austin/Bastrop
June 26 - June 30, 2017
Follow us on
About Travel & Tourism College (TTC)
Travel and tourism professionals from across the West and Southwest U.S. convene for one week each summer for an intensive curriculum of travel & tourism marketing, management, and leadership courses. This is designed as a 3-year certification program, with returning students taking 2nd and 3rd year classes.
Travel & Tourism College instructors are university professors and industry CEOs who bring a wealth of knowledge and expertise to the classroom. The schedule is packed from start to finish with classes, discussion groups and networking events.
Upon successful completion of the 3-year program and a capstone project, graduates will receive the designation of "CERTIFIED TOURISM EXECUTIVE" (CTE).
TTC Participation Eligible for Credits With Other Organizations
Attendance at Travel & Tourism College is eligible for the following:
Full tuition rate includes course materials and most meals. Hotel rates are not included in tuition. Meals included in the registration fee are: Monday - lunch & dinner; Tuesday - breakfast & lunch; Wednesday - breakfast; Thursday - breakfast, lunch & dinner; Friday - breakfast
- $895 - Regular rate - Member
- $995 - Regular rate - Non-member
Alumni Rate - $195/person - Space is limited!
The Alumni Program will be held on Thursday, June 29th from 8:30am - 5:00pm (breakfast, lunch, and dinner included). Schedule of classes to follow soon. The Evaluation Committee must approve all capstone projects before students can attend as an Alumni.
Cancellation Policy - Full refund until 5 p.m. on May 22, 2017. 50% refund until 5 p.m. on June 8, 2017. No refunds after 5 p.m. on June 8, 2017. This cancellation policy helps us ensure the most accurate counts possible for the event. For questions about this policy, please contact the TTIA office at 512-328-8842.
Scholarship Application - Closed for 2017
TTIA will be awarding partial scholarships to this year's Travel & Tourism College. To be considered, please complete the form above and send to Jennifer Roush at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 1st.
2017 Class Schedules
Why should You attend Travel & Tourism College? Here's what some of our students and their employers have to say:
"TTIA's Travel & Tourism College is a great place to learn some of the newest trends in marketing with professors who have firsthand knowledge in their respective areas. Beyond the learning you also have the opportunity to network with many of your colleagues from around the state. You will be able to continue to talk about best practices and opportunities with these new friends beyond Travel College. There is no better place to learn the newest trends and network with our colleagues then at TTIA's Travel & Tourism College." - Craig Hardin, Senior Account Executive, SeaWorld San Antonio
"We saw an immediate return on our investment from the educational information presented on managing social media. As a result, our marketing has been taken to an entirely new level.”- Paul Schultz, Vice President of Hospitality, Landry’s Hotel Division
"If there is only one educational opportunity that you can attend, I would definitely make it the Travel & Tourism College.” - Edith Fischer, Tourism Director, Brazosport Convention & Visitors Council
"As a small business owner in the Hospitality Industry, attending the Travel & Tourism College was an investment in my business. The question for me wasn't 'can I afford to attend', but rather 'how can I afford not to'.” - Kristi Collier, Welcome Home, Rio Grande Valley
"I was admittedly skeptical of justifying a week-long course and its ability to hold my attention. However, Travel & Tourism College exceeded all expectations. I came back to the office with items I implemented immediately, as well as many other projects and programs that are now within our short and long-term plans. The value of the information learned far outweighs the cost of the program.” -Cristy Morrison, Executive Director, Stillwater Oklahoma Convention & Visitors Bureau
Who should attend?
Any person involved in travel, tourism, hospitality, recreation or a related field who wants to improve their job performance and their potential for career advancement. Whether you have been in the job for a week or several years, our Travel & Tourism College is a great way to begin or strengthen your knowledge of sales, marketing, communications, management and related subjects.
Hotel Information - 2017
Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort & Spa
575 Hyatt Lost Pines Road
Lost Pines, Texas 78612
TTIA Rate: $119/night (single) and $139/night (double) (this does not include tax), resort fee waived – available for Travel & Tourism College registered attendees only (Note: each student is allowed one room at this rate) Deadline to make reservations: June 6, 2017
Find out more about Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort & Spa
The Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort is located between Austin and Bastrop, Texas and is easily accessible from the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport.
List of 2017 TTC Instructors
- Steve Atkins, President, The Atkins Group
- Gathan D. Borden, CHDM, VP of Marketing, VisitLex
- Matt Clement, Director of Marketing, Arrivalist
- Jason Dees, Senior I Animal Trainer, SeaWorld San Antonio
- Jessica Bybee-Dziedzic, Director of Partnerships, Saffire
- Scott Carley, Keynote and certified Vistage Speaker and Executive Business Coach
- Jorge Franz, Senior VP of Tourism, Visit Houston
- Nate Gieryn, Research Manager, Office of the Governor, Economic Development and Tourism
- Mark Greenspahn, Founder and President, Two Feet in the Sand LLC
- Roger D. Hanagriff, Professor in the Department of Agricultural Leadership, Education and Communications, Texas A&M University
- Ernie Loeffler, President & CEO, Fredericksburg Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Kelley Louise, Executive Director of Travel+SocialGood and Founder, the Culture Collective
- Lisa O'Neill, Principal, Newton O'Neill Communications
- Bob Phillips, President & CEO, Improving Your Success
- Davis Phillips, President and GM, Phillips Entertainment, Inc.
- Kim Phillips, Vice President/Director, Denton Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Dee Dee Poteete, Director of Regional Communications, Visit San Antonio
- Jenifer Sarver, Principal, Sarver Strategies
- Sheila Scarborough,Co-Founder, Tourism Currents
- Vicky Soderberg, Cygnet Strategies, LLC
- Fran Stephenson, Principal, Step-In Communication
- Ryan Thompson, Partner/VP, Growth, The Atkins Group
- Joe Veneto, Founder and Principal, Opportunities Unlimited
- Ashley White, Digital Communications Manager, Beaumont Convention & Visitor Bureau
- Daryl Whitworth, CTE, Regional Account Manager, Madden Media
- Rob Wicall, Innovations Speaker
Dates Confirmed for 2018:
June 25 - June 29, 2018
For sponsorship opportunities, contact Dan Decker, Chief Operating Officer: email@example.com, 512-328-8842.
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS