TTIA 2017 Leadership Development Committee call for Mentor Program Nominations
Friday, December 16, 2016
TTIA 2017 Leadership Development Committee and call for Mentor Program Nominations
In 2017, the Texas Travel Industry Association's new Leadership Development Committee (LDC), formerly known as the Young Professionals Committee, will begin work on a number of initiatives. The change is a result of a more formalized effort inclusive of all of TTIA's members regardless of age and desired by past participants and the TTIA Leadership and Board. The LDC is being co-chaired by our 2016 Rising Star Award Winner Thomas Wilhelm, marketing and branding manager for Texas Parks and Wildlife, and John Osborne, TTIA's board secretary, executive committee and board member and president and CEO of the Lubbock Economic Alliance, which includes Visit Lubbock.
All TTIA members are eligible to participate in the Leadership Development Committee activities, you need only be interested in developing your leadership skills in the Texas Travel Industry. 2017 LDC activities will include quarterly networking and roundtable sessions, event volunteer activities, and a new social media platform coming soon. Only the LDC's new mentoring program is by nomination only and kicking off today!
- Must be a TTIA Member
- Must be an individual looking to further their leadership career in the Texas travel industry
- Can commit to 12 months of work
- Complete a mentor/mentee agreement
- Meet at least one hour in person or by phone per month
- Attend TTIA LCD events whenever possible
LDC Mentor Program Plan:
- Mentee Nominees must complete the nomination form and submit by email to Dan Decker (email@example.com) at TTIA by January 10, 2017.
- LDC Co-Chairs will meet on January 13, 2017 to review nominations and pair accepted Mentees with a TTIA Board member mentor volunteer.
- An official announcement will be made on the TTIA website on January 20, 2017.
- Mentees and Mentors will participate in the program kick-off conference call on January 26, 2017 to review the agreement form.
- Mentees and Mentors will complete the agreement form and work together throughout 2017.
- Mentees and Mentors will submit a final summary of work to receive a TTIA completion certificate.